Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Museum 2.0: Into the Deep End: What's Keeping Museums from Telling Meaty, In-Depth Stories?


I thought this post by Museum 2.0 did a really good job reminding people what the role of museums could be. I think a lot of the time museums end up glossing over really valuable details to make exhibits accessible for people who aren't fully interested in what they are experiencing. I've been in that role as well, skimming over exhibits when I wasn't fully engaged. 

I do think that the information that exists, the information that inspires the passion from those who curate it comes from, is priceless. This especially reminds me of when I interned at the Milwaukee Art Museum during the Summer of China. There were so many nuances (that never really made it into the publications) to the exhibits that made it so fascinating to me post-research when I originally had very little interest in Chinese art. 

Museum 2.0: Into the Deep End: What's Keeping Museums from Telling Meaty, In-Depth Stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment