Friday, April 19, 2013

Artist Spotlight - Thomas Lamadieu - Sky Art


Thomas Lamadieu, also known as Roots Art, is a French artist who re-imagines the patches of sky within the confines of buildings that create the space.

Read more after the jump!




Look at that sassy lady! In an email to the Huffington Post, Thomas reveals that he mixes the old with the new, using the application Microsoft Paint (yeah, MS paint, really!) to compose his charmingly claustrophobic drawings. "There is an oldschool side that I like with this software," he said. 




“My artistic aim is to show a different perception of urban architecture and the everyday environment around us, what we can construct with a boundless imagination.”  
-


His website is in French, which is not my strong point. But generally, his artist statement says

My artistic approach:

-The purpose of my artistic approach is to show another perception of the urban architecture and the daily environment which surrounds us.
-To be able to invent with an unbounded imagination what the sky can show us between four street.
-To play with the forms to be able to make live the vacuum.





I really like this series. It takes a simple concept and simple software to create unpretentious art that accesible and fun! I hope you enjoyed this. Thanks for reading! 

1 comment: