Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Installation - Felice Varini

Isn't it interesting how something looks so out of place in one spot...





...looks amazing from a new perspective?


I'm going to be in Mexico for three weeks and I've scheduled a few posts so that my readers that check in will have something to see while I'm gone. I'll look as out of place as that orange paint in the first picture; but hopefully by the time my trip is done, I'll seem as strangely at home as the geometric shapes in the third picture.  Those are shot of the newest installation by Felice Varini at the Grand Palais in Paris, France. In the video below you can see how he completes a work like this, using projectors.




Look below for some of his other works based on perspective:



I like the conversation Varini creates with his pieces between the ultra-modern geometric shapes and the existing architecture, which ranges from classic and palatial to simple and rustic.





































No comments:

Post a Comment