Monday, May 20, 2013

Artist Spotlight - Georgina Vinsun


Georgina Vinsun's ethereal abstract landscape-esque paintings remind me a lot of many of my favorite artists, combining some of the most precious parts of impressionism, modern art and contemporary art to stir emotions in even the most disengaged viewers. Using color and expert composition, Vinsun's paintings are unassuming masterpieces. More after the jump!







A little about her from her website:

Georgie is a young contemporary British fine art painter who paints colourful Romantic abstracts in oil on canvas. Filled with depth and detail, the paintings are all inspired by the awesomeness of nature, in particular, the sky.


“The sky rarely fails to move me; I never tire of watching the sky, observing the changes in light and tone found within throughout the day. I aim to evoke thoughts of nature, gardens and skies in those viewing my work, but simultaneously I like for the works to retain an element of ambiguity, of total abstraction, thus leaving them completely open to interpretation.
Alongside my passion for the awesomeness of nature, sits a deep-seated passion for spontaneity and expression, which finds its form in the brush marks and spiralling, gestural lines that come to rest on top of the soft, atmospheric veils of colour which make up the body of my paintings.”






She posts some progress shots and new paintings on her facebook and it's definitely worth a peek! I also recommend you check out the gallery on her website. She has work as far back as 2003 on there and it's an interesting experience to be able to enjoy an artist's journey through her paintings, all of which are remarkable.


Interested in buying a painting by Georgie Vinsun? Click here! 



No comments:

Post a Comment