Saturday, July 6, 2013

RGB

Hi Everyone! I'm back from Mexico and full of inspiration for how I'm going to make Tracing Perspectives better. Before I start the re-haul, I want to feature an installation called RGB by a design group called Carnovsky which is made up of two Francesco Rugi and Silvia Quintanilla- an artist/designer duo based in Milan.



From their website:
RGB
Color est e pluribus unus


RGB is a work about the exploration of the “surface’s deepness”.

RGB designs create surfaces that mutate and interact with different chromatic stimulus.

Carnovsky's RGB is an ongoing project that experiments with the interaction between printed and light colours. The resulting images are unexpected and disorienting. The colors mix up, the lines and shapes entwine becoming oneiric and not completely clear. Through a colored filter (a light or a transparent material) it is possible to see clearly the layers in which the image is composed. The filter's colors are red, green and blue, each one of them serves to reveal one of the three layers.


RGB’s technique consists in the overlapping of three different images, each one in a primary color. The resulting images from this three level’s superimposition are unexpected and disorienting. The colors mix up, the lines and shapes entwine becoming oneiric and not completely clear. Through a colored filter (a light or a transparent material) it is possible to see clearly the layers in which the image is composed. The filter’s colors are red, green and blue, each one of them serves to reveal one of the three levels.

Don't you want to just stand in there and soak it all in?
I also really love that they went with the encyclopedic drawings. 
Here are some more pictures:





Those pictures are all of the same room, with a different color light to highlight a certain layer. SO COOL. 


Can I have this on a wall in my house PLEASE?


This work of art makes me feel like the blogger at The Jealous Curator because I'm SO JEALOUS of this idea. It's amazing. 



I hope you all enjoyed. and thank you Katie B. for showing me this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment