Friday, May 3, 2013

Artist Spotlight - Mr. Bingo - Hate Mail *Bonus! Jill Wignall*


Apparently drunken tweets are good for something. What started as a whim inspired by boredom (The first person who replies to this tweet I will send an offensive post card to.) turned into a new project when the tweet got 50 responses within a minute. What is it, you ask? Mr. Bingo sends you Hate Mail!

More after the jump!






The project has even resulted in a "Hate Mail" exhibition!





His bio on his website is just as funny as the post cards:



Some say he's the 'Master of pens'.
Some call him the 'Justin Bieber of drawing'.
Some say he fucks about for a living.


and under the page that say "Does Mr. Bingo Work for Free?" there's a delightfully offensive (and honest) message. 



Demand is so high for the project, that it opens sporadically for only a few minutes. The announcement is made on Mr. Bingo's twitter. 


If you're sitting there thinking "Aw, this is so mean." Then you should check out Jill Wignall's "Today I Saw" project, where she sent out a postcard everyday with something that she saw. It was a really lovely project and considerably less mean. Her idea behind the project was "I see something I like, I draw it. Then I send it to someone I like." She began with fellow bloggers she admired and it blossomed to people requesting postcards from her.

Here is what Jill Wignall's look like: 





All these postcards have got me inspired! I want to send snail mail to all of my friends. Now the question is... will I go the Mr. Bingo route or the Jill Wignall way?

 Which one would do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment